Our mission is to help every business across the USA create and sustain ‘Mentally Well Workplace’ which allows individuals, teams and workplaces to flourish.
Organisations across America need this because:
- Globally, an estimated 264 million people suffer from depression
- Depression and anxiety have a significant economic impact; the estimated cost to the global economy is US$ 1 trillion per year in lost productivity.
- There are many effective actions that organizations can take to promote mental health in the workplace; such actions may also benefit productivity.
The benefits are strong:
- If employers can deliver mentally well workplaces they could realistically see workforce participation rates improve by 30%
- For every US$ 1 put into scaled up treatment for common mental disorders, there is a return of US$ 4 in improved health and productivity.
- Committed employees are 87% less likely to resign
- (statistics are courtesy of the World Health Organisation & Allianz’s Awareness Into Action Report, Jan 2019)